cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 10 When would I use the Paper Handling Scale to Fit Paper Size in Lightroom?

timshapiro
Contributor

Using the Pro 10 on a Mac.  In the print dialog box there is a choice to scale to fit paper size. 

When If ever would I check this?   Or, when would I not check this?

I am using Lightroom which also has a zoom to fill option in its print module. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum timshapiro. 

Scale to fit will ensure that the entire image fits on the paper regardless of aspect ratio. That could result in large areas of white. 

Zoom to fill ensures that the entire printable area of the paper is filled regardless of aspect ratio. That could result in portions of the image being cut off. 

The choice is governed by what you want to achieve. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum timshapiro. 

Scale to fit will ensure that the entire image fits on the paper regardless of aspect ratio. That could result in large areas of white. 

Zoom to fill ensures that the entire printable area of the paper is filled regardless of aspect ratio. That could result in portions of the image being cut off. 

The choice is governed by what you want to achieve. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you for a clear answer.  It is helpful.  It sounds like I use it when the photo image ( at least what I want) is not showing in the print module.  This expands the image to fill the space with the part of the image I don't want missing. 

Announcements