cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA pro 10 series

ValentinG92
Apprentice
Hey everybody, I have a question for you guys that have the PIXMA pro 10, we recently bought one from a lady, she said she hadn’t used it a lot during her time having it, we get home ink cartridges that were already in there are still full so i run the nozzle check at first it was coming out with missing colors but kept running a deep clean and it fixed all but one color and that is red there’s still a few lines in in CO and MBK but I think with a few extra clean through itll be good. Now how can I fix the red and resolve that issue ? Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If cleanings haven't restored the red channel then it looks like you either need to purchase a new print head or utilize the unofficial cleaning methods you can find on the internet. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ValentinG92
Apprentice
What cleaning method do you recommend ?

I have never had to use a cleaning method, so I don't have a personal recommendation.

Canon does not recommend the water or windex methods psoted on the internet, but many people have used them successfully.

Here is one source: Use at your own risk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEkKGBUSwNg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ValentinG92
Apprentice
Ahh ok, I put it in water over night it did clean it up some I think it’s just really clogged and will have to have some treatment done to it because I ran a nozzle check and red is printing just not all the way, it had about 25 percent red did a deep clean on it and it produced more so I think I’m onto something
Announcements