cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon pro100

Linda330
Apprentice
Hi I'm new to the forum .
I have a cannon pro 100 that was working fine with my imac untill I changed internet providers message Cannot detect Network...
My husband has been at this now for 5hrs and still no luck.The printer works fine being just plug into my computer but I would like the wireless to work.
Do we need to do a complete wireless set up again ?
In advance Thank you for your help
11 REPLIES 11

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Linda330,

To resolve this issue, please follow the steps outlined in the following PDF:

http://downloads.canon.com/wireless/PRO-100_Router_change.pdf

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I had the same problem. After I upgraded to Mac OS Catlina the orginal Canon disk and manuals won't work, so I couldn't tr switching conneciton methods. When I plugged by Pro100 into the USB 3 slot on the new router the printer was recognized for wireless printing (did not work on hte USB2 slot. Makes no sense to me, but I am able to print using the printer as Bonjour printer. the J1 tool doesn't work with my updated system.

@trptguy wrote:

I had the same problem. After I upgraded to Mac OS Catlina the orginal Canon disk and manuals won't work, so I couldn't tr switching conneciton methods. When I plugged by Pro100 into the USB 3 slot on the new router the printer was recognized for wireless printing (did not work on hte USB2 slot. Makes no sense to me, but I am able to print using the printer as Bonjour printer. the J1 tool doesn't work with my updated system.

Welcome to the forum trptguy. 

You need to download the updated Catalina driver.

5CBED3F6-73CD-40D1-A6DC-ECEA2FB6D520.png

Then delete the printer and re-add. Wait for the Canon IJ Series version to appear. 

The on-screen manual is 32-bit and won't work under Catalina. 

For good measure download the latest version of all printer software from the support site. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for yoru guidance. I downloaded the updated driver deleted the printer and then added it, but the IJ series never appeared. Only Bonjour

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
When you say never, how long did you wait?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

about 20 mins.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
When installed the latest driver did it report any errors?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

No. I got the Installation was Successful notice.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I’m stumped. You could try restarting the computer.

Also try resetting the printing system.

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements