cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-10 Black is not neutral black (Not as black as Pro-100)

aram
Apprentice

Hi,

I just purchased a Pro-10 after returning a newly bought Pro-100 in favour of having longer photo durability and getting all that extra black and white advertised features. It turns out no matter what paper I use, what media type I choose, what Color Mode I choose I cannot get absolute black on Pro-10.

Things I have tried:

1- 4" by 6", letter and 13" by 19" (A3+).

2- Matte paper, photo luster pro, glossy.

3- Perceptive vs Relative Colorimetric

4- Use ICC Profile vs Pro Mode vs Black & White

5- Standard vs High Quality

6- Borderless vs Bordered

7- Also tried "Print margins as black". Which is basically pure black on Pro-100 but not pure black on Pro-10

8- I have tried photos that are simply RGB = 0, 0, 0. No shades or Camera fed blacks but absolute black. 

9- Tried printing from my phone as well as my PC.

10- Head alignment, nozzle check and other generic stuff a customer representative would ask (Did you try unplugging it and plug it black? Did you uninstall and reinstall drivers?)

In all of my tests, Pro-10 produces a color on top of the black color. It is almost like the old days where the LCDs couldn't get very black while LEDs were doing perfect blacks. I contacted Canon and they suggested that I should create my own ICC profile by purchasing a printer calibrator hardware. This is unrealistic. I got a Pro-100 and right out of the box it was giving me the black color without any tweaks or issues.

Another thing I noticed is that Pro-10 is significantly slower to print when compared to Pro-100 and it drinks Photo Black so much faster. With the equal amount of prints I have done on both Pro-10 and Pro-100 for the identical photos / settings, the Pro-100's black went down by about 10% while the Pro-10 is almost at half!

Please be as specific as possible as you can without asking generic questions such as monitor calibration etc (already mentioned it's rgb=0,0,0) :

Is it possible to get black color on Canon's Pro Luster when using Pro-10 that is as dark as Pro-100's ?

Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements