cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-1 - PSD Printer options not being retained / Latest Canon driver Installation failing

mark_n
Apprentice

I have a Pixma Pro-1 printer which I'm really happy with - it produces great prints. However, I've recently noticed that the printer settings (Photoshop > Print Settings > Printer Options > Quality & Media) don't retain any of the changes I make. They always revert back to Media Type: Photo Paper Pro Platinum N / Print Quality: Standard, even if I save it as a preset. I'm not sure if this is a Canon or Adobe issue, but it obviously limits the papers that I can use as photographic inkjet papers require a particular media type setting to produce accurate results.

Then I thought it might be a result of an outdated driver (I'm currently using 16.40.1.0) so I downloaded the latest OSX version (16.50.0.0) from the Canon website, but the installation process always fails (Message: "The installation failed. The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."). I'm running OSX Ventura 13.5.2 and I see Catalina 10.15 is the last supported OS - is this why it's failing? It's a little frustrating that the printer no longer functions properly if it's because of a simple driver issue!

Or maybe the Printer Settings issue is being caused by something else? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

2 REPLIES 2

bellevuefineart
Enthusiast

I've seen and reproduced this issue with Ventura and Epsons. The printer settings not sticking appears to be an Apple issue, and they just came out with a new one the other day. I'm sticking with Ventura for a while as there are too many issues like this. 

I don't know if Canon's Professional Print and Layout works with the Pixma 1, but if so that would be a good option as you can save presets and they'll stick. 

pjkoren
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem on my imac printing from PS in the Pixma-100.

Announcements