cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing from Photoshop on Canon Pro 10S on Fine Art Paper ICC profiles

SIASUM
Contributor

I am printing from latest Photoshop CC on Canon Pro 10S (with all up to date drivers). 

I want to print on Fine Art Papers with the relevant ICC paper profile. I am using Innova or Hanhnmuele brand papers with their profiles downloaded from their respective sites and saved in my Colorsync Library (Hidden System library and normal library).

When attempting to print on these profiles with 'Photoshop manages Colours' selected the printer makes the noises to print but then just spits out the paper without printing and the print job disappears. I can print from 'Preview' and on other (non fine art) profiles and the printer can print -  the colours are just not as good / exact as they should be for these papers.

Previously my printer would print them all beautifully and after a switch to some unbranded ink all the colous went off - so I have switched back, cleaned repeatedly but somehow during this process with updating Photoshop and reinstalling Canon Drivers at the same time I have lost the Innova profile completely (even though it is in the colorsync library folder) and also now the spitting paper out issue.. All the colour profiles in the list are also different from before, I seem to have lots more (monitor and display profile settings?).

I am at a loss at what to try next. I am an artist printing out Art prints so not super techy but my set up has worked fine for years before this. I feel like there is some sort of conflict going on with the colour sync within Photoshop and the Printer since the ink debacle but I can't work it out.

Any help would be so appreciated!

11 REPLIES 11

Glad I could help.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

maucamo
Enthusiast

Hi, same problem with Monterey again. Photoshop manages color and my Icc profiles...the paper is throws  out without printing anything (blank sheet). Osx 12.3.1 canon 22.20. Other software works

Announcements