cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing 'Presets' Not Working - Defaulting to new Media Type

chloesims
Contributor

Hello all!

I am really keen to figure out a solution to a problem i've been having on my Canon Pixma PRO-100S.

I set up Presets which work for the sizes/quality that I want. However, I am having an issue where the media type is defaulting each time i print a new PDF.

For example, I am printing a postcard and I find the colours most accurate when using the 'Plain Paper' media setting, with 'Standard' Print quality (don't ask why!). However, once I have printed 1 postcard, and open a new PDF file to print another (or even, print the same one again), it defaults the media type to 'Photo Paper Pro Platinum', which makes my prints a lot darker than I need. 

I have tried making a new Preset, after making sure the Plain Paper/Standard print quality is selected. It will work for the first time it's used, but after that the Media Type ALWAYS changes to Pro Platinum (which is a media type I have not assigned to ANY of my Presets)!

Specs: Mac OS X Catalina. I am printing PDF's that are saved out of Illustrator. 

This works perfectly fine on my IP8750 but I'm having issues on the PRO-100S. 

Any help would be hugely appreciated as I've got a tonne of postcards to print and ship for orders and I feel like i've tried everything.

Thank you in advance,

Chloe 

13 REPLIES 13

Stephen

Hi, Chloe!

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market. The PIXMA PRO-100S isn't sold or supported by our team here in the USA. 

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Have you updated your printer driver for the latest Catalina driver?

What application are you printing from?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Not sure how I would update a driver? 

I'm just printing from the 'Preview' app on my mac. So just opening the PDF, pressing Print and then selecting my Preset in teh dialog box that opens. 

Annotation 2020-03-09 120915.jpgYou want to go to the canon support site and ownload/install the updated driver.

After you install the new driver verify that you don't have the AirPrint version of the printer showing.

I had a similar problem with my Pro-100.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John!

Thanks for the advice. I've installed the new driver for the PRO-100S, is there anyway to see if its actually changed? The print dialogue etc all still looks the same to me and my Presets are still changing the media type after printing one file (so I have to manually change the media type or quality (see below) each time I print a PDF.

Annoyingly, my Canon iP8750 is now playing up too! If I select don't select quality 'High' in the print dialogue it prints huge white lines over my prints. I used to get super crisp results on 'Standard' quality and i'd never really noticed the difference between Standard and High. But now unless I click High I get these white marks over areas of black.

I've performed two deep clean cycles and it's just got worse. Normally I print on Standard quality but today both printers will only print "correctly" on High quality. (I've just updated the driver for this printer too and still no change!) Any known fixes for this? 

Seems today is a day for printers to be faulty!

IMG_1906.jpg

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Can you print a screenshot of the printer list in Printers & Scanners and the screen that shows up if you click on a printer?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Is this what you're after?

Screenshot 2020-03-09 at 19.36.21.png

Screenshot 2020-03-09 at 19.36.21.png

Here's what I see in Preview and when I select the Options & Features button for my Pro-100.

Monosnap 2020-03-09 15-38-06.jpg

Monosnap 2020-03-09 15-39-11.jpg

My printer is connected by wifi so thats what the xx:xx stuff is.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Ah yes! i'm on a wired connection for my PRO-100S as I could never get the wifi working, but my iP8750 works on wifi. 

Screenshot 2020-03-09 at 19.50.34.png

Here's the screenshot i've got. So it seems we have the same drivers! I cant think of anything else that would stop my Presets from saving correctly? 

Announcements