cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio crashing from Photoshop (Catalina)

sdt1963
Apprentice

I am running Photoshop CC (version 20.0.6), and on a Mac Mini macOS Catalina 10.15, which I recently updated. When I attempt to load Canon Print Studio Pro from the Automate menu, the plug in begins to load, and then reports and error and exits.

This did not happen prior to the Catalina upgrade.

Anyone else having this problem?

15 REPLIES 15

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

What printer model do you have?

PIXMA PRO-10

PIXMA PRO-1

PIXMA PRO-100

PROGRAF PRO-1000

What version of Print Studio Pro are you using?

v2.2.3 is only certified for Mojave thus far.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Andreacl01
Apprentice
Same thing happens to me when I try to print. What can we do?

I suspect you need to wait for a new version of PSP that is compatible with Catalina.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

whibal
Apprentice

The same thing happened to me. The reasons for this are apparently the annoying new security provisions introduced with Catalina.

I was able to sove the problem by manually adding Print Studio Pro (and the other Canon Utilities) to have full disk access.

Go to Apple Menu -> System Preferences -> Security & Privacy, click on the Privacy Tab and scroll down to Full Disk Access and select it.

Click on the lock Button and enter your admin credentials, then click on the "+" button and locate Print Studio Pro (should be in the Canon Utilities within the Applications folder).

See attached screen shot.

Now Print Studio Pro should open up as usual.

Please note, however, that printing with Catalina is NOT flawless, I get "Communication Errors" from the print driver quote often.

Hope this helps,

WhiBal

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 04.52.21.jpg

Thanks, whibal:

This worked for me, both my pro-1000 and pro-100.  Only problem left is that it will not recognize the manual feed--tells me no paper in the top feed--when I move a sheet to the top it prints normally.  Any additional suggestion.  I have updated both the printer driver for the 1000 and the newest version of PSP.

It seems like there are a lot of bugs currently with Catalina and Canon printers. Apparently there is also an issue with the printer not remembering the paper selection under the new driver; see the following forum link for more information:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Pro-10-Printing-Issue-with-Catalina/m...

Canon, please acknowledge that you are working on a fix for this!!

@whibal wrote:

The same thing happened to me. The reasons for this are apparently the annoying new security provisions introduced with Catalina.

I was able to sove the problem by manually adding Print Studio Pro (and the other Canon Utilities) to have full disk access.

Go to Apple Menu -> System Preferences -> Security & Privacy, click on the Privacy Tab and scroll down to Full Disk Access and select it.

Click on the lock Button and enter your admin credentials, then click on the "+" button and locate Print Studio Pro (should be in the Canon Utilities within the Applications folder).

See attached screen shot.

Now Print Studio Pro should open up as usual.

Please note, however, that printing with Catalina is NOT flawless, I get "Communication Errors" from the print driver quote often.

Hope this helps,

WhiBal

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 04.52.21.jpg

Thanks for your post whibal. I use PSP to print from LR in my workflow and its very frustrating the PSP has stopped working after I upgraded to Catalina. I've been trying to implement your workaround but have run into a problem. I can see and add the Canon Calibration Tool, the Canon IJ Network Tool etc. but there is no application to add in the Print Studio Pro sub folder under the Canon Utilities folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

silvasolve

Welcome to the forum silvasolve. 

Did you download the PSP installer from the Canon support site?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hello John, thanks for responding. Yes, I did download it from the Canon Support Site. 

Regards

silvasolve

Announcements