cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio crashing from Photoshop (Catalina)

sdt1963
Apprentice

I am running Photoshop CC (version 20.0.6), and on a Mac Mini macOS Catalina 10.15, which I recently updated. When I attempt to load Canon Print Studio Pro from the Automate menu, the plug in begins to load, and then reports and error and exits.

This did not happen prior to the Catalina upgrade.

Anyone else having this problem?

15 REPLIES 15

Hi silvasolve.

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you John

Hello, did you manage to solve the issue? I don't have PrintStudioPro to add either... this is so frustrating.

Thank you!

Hi scc0001,

I've been away and just got back to trying to solve the problem. I first deleted all previous installations of PSP.  I then downloaded the latest version of PSP for the Canon site and installed it. I then went to System Preferences, Security & Privacy, Full Disk Access. I then entered my credentials to unlock and pressed the + sign to add an app. I then searched for print studio pro in the search bar and presto it came up. PSP now works but I have yet to test it for colour accuracy.

Hope this helps.

Thank you SO MUCH for this. Fixed my problem with PSP in Photoshop CC 2020!

There is a new Catalina compatible version on PSP on the Canon UK support site.

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/printers/inkjet/pixma_pro_series/pixma_pr...

It took a bit of work to set up. Had to delete the printer and re-install it as PSP couldn't see the printer but it was worth the trouble because it now works beautifully again (ran some test prints and they compare favourably to the screen image).  Great to get back to my workflow.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements