cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro plug-in no longer works

larryc43230
Enthusiast

I installed Canon Print Studio Pro 2.2.3, the latest version as of this writing, and suddenly I can't use the PSP plug-in from either Lightroom or Photoshop. I have printed from both Lightroom and Photoshop, using the previous version of PSP, hundreds of times in the past, but I can no longer launch PSP from either program. Here are the details of my system:

Adobe Lightroom Classic CC with all available updates

Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 with all available updates

Windows 10 Home Edition with all available updates

Canon Print Studio Pro 2.2.3, freshly installed

Canon PIXMA PRO-100 printer

When I try to launch Print Studio Pro from Lightroom using File -> Plug-in Extras, Canon Print Studio Pro no longer appears in the list of plug-ins. I can print directly from Lightroom to the PRO-100, but I strongly prefer PSP. 

When I open the image in Photoshop and select File -> Automate -> Canon Print Studio Pro, I get an error message that reads "An error has occurred. Exiting Print Studio Pro."

After Print Studio Pro failed to launch from both Lightroom and Photoshop, I attempted to re-install the plug-in using the "Print Studio Pro Plug-in Install" application in the Canon Utilities folder in the Start Menu. This resulted in the following error message:

Screen Shot 09-11-18 at 04.25 PM.JPG

I've run out of ideas, and I really need to be able to use PSP for printing.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Larry

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Photoshop-elements-PSE-2018/m-p/25440...

Try ray this for both LR and PS. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

sethsn
Apprentice

I ran into the same issue and managed to find a solution on my Mac.  The problem is that PSP will barf if it cannot find the ICC profile which is currently being referenced.  For some reason it reverted back to Canon Photo Paper Pro Platinum during the upgrade; however the profile for that paper was not copied to the right folder in the library.

When I started PSP I made a note of the icc profile it was attempting to use (Auto for Canon Photo Paper Pro Platinum in my case).

Then I used the Media Configuration tool to determine what the default profile was for that paper (click the Simple Paper Reference icon (white i on a blue circle) and look for the ICC profile name - CN_PRO-4000_540_PhotoPaperProPlatinum.icc in my case

After that I copied the profile from the driver resources folder to the print queue folder:

copy this file:

/Library/Printers/Canon/BJPrinter/Resources/ICCProfiles/PRO4000.canonicc/Contents/Resources/CN_PRO-4000_540_PhotoPaperProPlatinum.icc

to this folder:

/Library/Printers/Canon/BJPrinter/Resources/ICCProfiles/PRO-40001

Now everything works and I can get back to printing.

Canon:  Please fix this bug and just handle a missing profile correctly.

Announcements