cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro and Adobe Photoshop 2021

fenella_lorch
Apprentice

Adobe pushed Photoshop Creative Cloud v2021 on 22 October 2020.  It did not copy over all plug-ins such as Print Studio Pro.  I re-downloaded Print Studio Pro version 2.2.3 from the Canon Support website just now.

I cannot install the Print Studio Pro plug-in in Photoshop 2021.

I followed the support article, including the ReadMe file.  I ran the Print Studio Pro plug-in installer and received the error message "A version of Adobe Photoshop supported by Print Studio Pro is not installed." 

The same error message contains the text "You can also specify a folder and install a plug-in.  Click Next."

So, I click Next and install Print Studio Pro in the same folder as it resided on Photoshop Creative Cloud version 2020.  Yet when I start Photoshop 2021 and open an image, Print Studio Pro does not appear in the File -> Automate menu as it did in Adobe CC 2020.

Has anyone else encountered this?  What is the fix?  Canon has a new software product called Professional Print & Layout v 1.2.1 released 16th October 2020.  Perhaps this is a replacement to Print Studio Pro and is designed to work with Photoshop 2021?

Thanks,

Fenella

15 REPLIES 15

Sorry about that. I am on Big Sur. I will either downgrade or wait to see if the new OS that will be released soon to see if fixed. Thank you for your response. 

I just updated Big Sur to 11.6.1 (released yesterday), now Print Studio Pro works as expected in Photoshop!

Good to know.  Thank you for letting me know.  I will apply the updae tonight.

By any chance - has this been rectified yet?  I cannot seem to find the canon plug in for LR.  -Using MAC Big Sur 11.6.4 and LR classic 11.2. 

thanks

EVR

Hello. Can you provide a little more info? When you say you can't find do you mean you installed it per the instructions but it doesn’t show up in Lr? 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

canonsky
Enthusiast

Hi.  Canon says the new software is for its prograf pro series. So if you have one of those printers maybe the new PPL software is for you.

Announcements