cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro and Adobe Photoshop 2021

fenella_lorch
Apprentice

Adobe pushed Photoshop Creative Cloud v2021 on 22 October 2020.  It did not copy over all plug-ins such as Print Studio Pro.  I re-downloaded Print Studio Pro version 2.2.3 from the Canon Support website just now.

I cannot install the Print Studio Pro plug-in in Photoshop 2021.

I followed the support article, including the ReadMe file.  I ran the Print Studio Pro plug-in installer and received the error message "A version of Adobe Photoshop supported by Print Studio Pro is not installed." 

The same error message contains the text "You can also specify a folder and install a plug-in.  Click Next."

So, I click Next and install Print Studio Pro in the same folder as it resided on Photoshop Creative Cloud version 2020.  Yet when I start Photoshop 2021 and open an image, Print Studio Pro does not appear in the File -> Automate menu as it did in Adobe CC 2020.

Has anyone else encountered this?  What is the fix?  Canon has a new software product called Professional Print & Layout v 1.2.1 released 16th October 2020.  Perhaps this is a replacement to Print Studio Pro and is designed to work with Photoshop 2021?

Thanks,

Fenella

15 REPLIES 15

robnich
Enthusiast

You didn't specify whether you have Photoshop in a Windows or Macintosh computer.

I can confirm that Print Studio Pro cannot be found in the Automate drop-down in the Windows 10 64-bit version of Photoshop 2021 as installed through Adobe Creative Cloud. However, I found it easy to install PSP iin the Plug-ins folder of Photoshop 2021 using the Canon Utilities/ Print Studio Pro Plug-in Install utility, after which it does appear under Automate. Perhaps you are using a Mac and I hope that a Macintosh user can assist you.

Robert N.

It will work as Rob said on a Mac as well.

The key is select "Browse"

Screenshot 2020-10-25 153033.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I am having exactly the same problem as fenella_lorch above.

This is what he said and what I have done:

"I cannot install the Print Studio Pro plug-in in Photoshop 2021.

"I followed the support article, including the ReadMe file.  I ran the Print Studio Pro plug-in installer and received the error message "A version of Adobe Photoshop supported by Print Studio Pro is not installed." 

"The same error message contains the text "You can also specify a folder and install a plug-in.  Click Next."

I am Windows 10.

When I click NEXT and say select install PSP in Photoshop 2021, or,  click on the plug-ins folder of PS2021 that is as far as I can go.  The NEXT button does not work.  I can only EXIT.

robnich below says he can install PSP in the plug-ins folder but that didn't work for me since I only got the EXIT button, not the NEXT button to work.

Is there another way to get it into the plug-ins folder? Please be specific and go step by step because I am a photographer not a computer engineer.

Thank you.

OK.  I was able to solve the problem for myself at least/Windows 10.

I found these instructions online from 2015, and they still work for PS2021: 

(3rd party link removed by admin per Forum Guidelines) 

The only thing that I had trouble with was in Step 5.  In order to get the NEXT button to become active, I needed to check "Adobe Photoshop 64bit" BEFORE I browsed for C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2021\Plug-ins.  Then the NEXT button worked and PSP is now under AUTOMATE where it belongs.

Thank you! Simple solution but just what fixed it for me. I just clicked the 64bit choice THEN Next and it worked finally! Not sure if I was having trouble because I have more than one version of PS installed. (2021 still glitchy!)

unsophisticater
Apprentice

I am on a Macbook Pro (2013) and have updated to Photoshop 2021 and was having the same issue. The pop up box of where to install the plugin wasn't even popping up.

Anyway, I know this is probably counter-intuitive but here's how I got it to work for me:

Downloaded the driver and did the full install (without selecting the location I wanted the plugin installed)

Opened my finder window > applications > Photoshop 2021 > Plugins

Then I opened a new finder window at the same time and went to Applications, then found the folder that said PrintStudioPro and just dragged that folder into the Plugins folder that was open in the other finder window.

Hope that helps!

Thank you unsophisticater.  I have spent 2 hours trying to get this to work on my new mac pro 2019. I couldn't understand why it worked on my old mac and not on my new.  I even deleted the download and redownloaded because I thought I had done something wrong.  Thank you so much.

Thank you.  I tried this and no luck.  I am on an iMAC 2019 with an i7 processor with 64GB RAM and a 512GB HDD.  I have the Pro 1000 series printer and I havebeen trying all kinds of things to get PSP to work with Photshop 2021 and I even I tried Canon DPP.  All leads down the same path.

I can select aut0mate-PSP and Photoshop freezes and the only to get out of it is to force quit.

This is si annoying now.  I have followed just about every solution I can find.  The last resort would be to reinstall the OS from scratch which I don't want to do. Any other suggestions?

Thank you!

You didn't report the OS, but it sounds like you are on Big Sur 11.6.

There is a problem with that version of macOS and the Canon print software.

Since it worked on 11.5.x not sure if it is a Canon problem or an Apple problem.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements