cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to use ONLY 3 B&W carts. for Pixma Pro-100? help!

photographer100
Apprentice

I dont plan on keeping Canon in $$$$$$ by buying the color carts, rather ONLY the 3 BW carts for my Pixma Pro-100 once the "color runs out"

will this work fine?   

remove DEAD colors when dry?

recommendations? 

thanks. 

I had planned on EVENTUALLY just using this as a professional BW printer for large prints. 

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Even when printing B&W there are small amounts of color ink being used. If you are only printing B&W then the amount of color ink used won't be great.

If you are interested in solely B&W for professional purchases there may be better printer options (i.e. pigment based inks)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

well that REALLY sucks donkey logs. 

There is NO logical reason one cannot ONLY use the BW carts. OTHER THAN Canon bleeding customers dry for INK $$$$$$

I used to work for Lexmark as a pro technician, and i know its ALL A GAME OF $$$ for INK,  same goes for Canon too obviously. 

easy way around that, ill NEVER give Canon cart. $$$$,  ill only buy 3rd party and refills. 

Touche'    what a rotten stinker you are Canon. 

It is not possibile to print the 256 grey-scale with a single black cartridge.  A single black cartridge will print black.  What about the other 255 shades?  I suspect if you are printing a 0'0'0 page of text, you would use little to none of the other cartridges.  But if it even has 0'0'1 in it ?

The only thing the printer can do with a single cartridge is, how much ink, the size of the dot and how far apart they are.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements