cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma pro9000 print head? code 1403

GlennH
Apprentice

Hi all. I have an older Pixma pro9000 with about 150 bucks of spare inks. Anyway the thing has been flawless since I bought it years ago. Suddenly I am getting 5 amber flashes and an error code of 1403. I have removed the print head a few time, cleaned the rear contacts and still no good. 

It seems that searching I find out that most of the problems are with plugged print heads. Mine seems to indicate that a temperature sensor went bad.

It's also suggested that if removing and reinstalling does not work that the print head should be replaced. Before I start spending money on a new print head I am wondering how likely it is that that will solve the problem.

I emailed Canon support but no answer yet and I really need to get this resolved. It's too darn great a printer to toss if that's alll that's needed.

Thanks for any info you can give.

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Having the ink is a bother, but for $130 you can get a Pro-100 on sale. Only a little more than a new print head and and an improved printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes I just saw that on BandH photo. Now I'm really in a turmoil cause I hate the thought of throwing this thing away if indeed it only needed a print head for thirty bucks less. What's worse is I only have 4 days to decide!

The inks I could probably sell on ebay. argh.

Your first print on the Pro-100 will eliminate all buyer's remorse 🙂

I did the upgrade a few years ago and have never regretted it.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I just talked to Canon. The guy said 95% of the time a new print head will fix it but.....when that ink spill thing fills up it's all over with anyway and that may be near after this many years. 

Big mistake these days is reading Amazon negative reviews. 

Rosemv
Apprentice
What did you end up doing. I am facing the same decision.

I was able to find a new one on ebay. Took a minute to replace and it's fixed. I'm only using this printer now for the rare photos I print. I bought a cheap laser printer for all that everyday junk you print out.

I considered buying the model that replaced this one but I believe it's a single sheet at a time printer. Too limited.

Announcements