cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma pro-100 Black and white mode

enzobet
Apprentice

Hi!

I´m Enzo and have a pixma pro-100 printer.

I use it almost for B/W photos.

And i´ve seen the printer uses colour inks for printing black and white.

I only want to use Black and gray inks but i don´t know where to select this option.

I´ve checked the B/W option but still uses colour inks.

Hope you can help me

Thanks uin advance!

Enzo 

Leica M9 ZM 28mm f2.8 biogon
Leica M2 Summar 5cm f2
Canon 35mm f2 ltm
3 REPLIES 3

Tinman
Enthusiast

The Pro-100 uses color ink when printing B&W prints. I have not found a way round this. The Pro-10 and Pro-1 do not use their color ink to print B&W prints.

Nikon D600; Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G, 85mm f/1.8G, 70-300mmG f/4.5 - 5.6 VR

I read on line that the reason the Pro-100 uses color when printing B&W is that the black dye inks are not pure black; they have a purplish tint. So color must be added to counteract the tint.

The pigment ink printers - Pro-10 and Pro-1 - are pure black.

I get great B&W prints from the Pro-100.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The Pro-100 has three B&W ink cartridges.  If you expected these three tanks to be able to print all the possibile shades of gray, you are certainly living in a dream world.  The only thing a cartridge can do is put more or less ink on paper.  It can space the dots farther apart to a point but ragged lines soon appear.

So what is the answer?  You use the color tnaks to fill in where the B&W can't.  I am not aware of a means of turning off the color cartridges in any of the mentioned printers.  Whether it be the Pro-9500 II, Pro-100, Pro-10 or the Pro-1, some color will be used in each of these.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements