cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro9000 Mark II incompatible with Mojave, any work around?

interpaul
Apprentice

A friend gave me an unused PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II.  I tried to install it on my macbook pro which is running Mojave(10.14.6) and the cannon site says this driver and the following one aren't supported but offers no options.  Is there a work around or is this printer just too old to ever be used with my Mac?  Thanks 

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

High Sierra was the last macOS that had a driver for that printer. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

John, Thanks for your reply. Does this mean there is no work around, i.e. I should scrap the printer and buy a new one?  

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I’m not aware of any workaround. The economics fade a little with a free printer, but the Pro-100 when on revate can be had for about the cost of a complete set of replacement inks for your model.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John,  Thanks for the information.

Hello interpaul.

I'm sorry to hear about the Pro9000 Mark II.  It was one of my personal favorites.

One option I can offer for replacing the printer is the Canon Upgrade Program, a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement directly through Canon.  While, at the time of this writing, the PIXMA PRO-100 is out of stock, if printing is not urgent, you may wait until we have it in stock once more (we're unable to provide a timeline for it).  As an alternative for a bit more, the PIXMA PRO-10 is currently available.  It's slightly more powerful, and from the same generation as the PRO-100.

If you're interested, more information is available through our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002.  You're under no obligation to take advantage of the discount at this time.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

See this thread.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Updating-Canon-Pro-9000-Mark-II-to-ru...

Maybe installing the High Sierra driver would work for you.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John,  Thank you so much for your helpful follow thru.  I am considering just buying the Pro-100 but may consider the alternative you suggested.  Brad

Poster swg1619 did all the work since he has the printer.

I would be interested to know if it works for you.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

swg1619
Enthusiast
See my post on this along with screenshots from me and others on the forum. See "updating Canon Pro 9000 Mark ii to operate with Catalina"
Announcements