cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 9000 printer & Windows 11

bluedog725
Apprentice

Hi - I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 11 on it.  Now I find that my Pixma Pro 9000 printer is not printing quality pictures.  I tried updating drivers but to no avail.  I know it is an old printer, but before I purchase a new one, does anyone know if my current printer can be made to work with Windows 11?  The printer is old, but in great shape, I hate to retire it unnecessarily....  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi bluedog725,

The PIXMA Pro9000 is not supported with Windows 11.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi bluedog725,

The PIXMA Pro9000 is not supported with Windows 11.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I would like to avail myself of the Canon offer too. How do I do it, please?

bluedog725
Apprentice

Thank you for answering my post Patrick...  and for the heads up on the discount on a new printer.  I just made a purchase of the ProGraf Pro-300.

AnkeS
Apprentice

Hi I saw that you got a new printer. i couldn't even install the old driver how did you get your printer to work at all with Win 11? and also, do we just toss out this beautiful machine? i bought mine ca 2008 and loved it. now this.

Anke

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Your username leads me to believe you are not in the US. You would need to contact Canon in your country to see if they have a similar program to Canon USA.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements