cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 200 printing art prints with blue/purple hue

khart
Apprentice

Hello! I have a market in < 2 days and I am just now trying to restock art prints from my last market yesterday. My printer is printing with this terrible blue/purple hue. See the images attached. The art prints on the right are the correct colors. I have been replacing the ink the past couple weeks as each cartridge was running out, and I replaced PC this morning. I haven't made prints in about 2 months, so I'm not sure if the issue just started with the new PC tank in or not.

I have updated all my software and drivers, gone through all the maintenance settings on my printer, and have not changed any other settings that I normally use to print my artwork. I have wasted a lot of expensive ink, fine art paper, and precious time running tests and I am at my wits' end. This has happened to me 2 or 3 times before, but usually re-installing the software and drivers fixes whatever issue it is. 

Would Canon send me a new PC cartridge to see if that was the issue? Or should I just order another one. Looking like I won't be able to re-stock my prints in time for my next market.

Also, any ideas on what to do with all of my misprints?! 🤣

Prints on the right are the correct colorsPrints on the right are the correct colorsIMG_3952.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4

khart
Apprentice

I said "I have been replacing the ink the past couple weeks" but I meant the past couple of times I have printed. I started running out of ink 2 months ago. But I just remembered that I printed something un related to my business a month ago and it printed with perfect colors. Also, I bought this printer new last... October? I think? Or November. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Rather than wait for responses here I suggest to register your printer (if you haven't already) on the Canon support site and request support directly from Canon.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the suggestion! I registered the printer as soon as I got it. I tried calling today, but it says to call within business hours. Someone from Canon did respond to me on social media, but they just told me to check out the FAQs and to post in the community here.

I am going to call tomorrow, but I just wanted to go ahead and post as well in case anyone can help me out before then since I want to get my prints ready sooner rather than later. 

Yusufsuleman
Apprentice

Printing troubles can be super frustrating, especially right before a market. It's a bummer that the prints are coming out with a blue/purple hue – not the vibe you're going for. It's smart that you've been updating software and checking maintenance settings. As for Canon, reaching out to them might be a solid move. They could give you some insights or maybe even a new PC cartridge to try. While you're dealing with the printer puzzle, maybe take a break and check out some chill abstract works I stumbled upon online. They're like a visual breath of fresh air. Check 'em out at https://www.artworks.ae/Abstract-Wall-Art.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements