cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 200 + MacOs Ventura + Lightroom Classic latest CUPS driver not working

uimike
Contributor

Hi all, I installed Ventura on my M1 macbook pro, uploaded the latest Canon driver for my printer, and now I can't print correctly (unless via AirPrint, which I don't want)

I am seemingly able to install and select from the list the new CUPS driver, when I go to Lightroom I can see the driver, when I launch the settings dialog, the option to adjust printer settings isn't responsive. Can't change anything there, the "OK" button is enabled but doesn't actually do anything. I can only click "Cancel", and that causes Lightroom to immediately, and predictably crash every time.

Same with Photoshop, the only difference is the driver dialog doesn't crash Photoshop.

Any experiences?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Well, I might have fixed the issue. I went into MacOS and manually deleted the driver and other Canon software. I ran three different test prints (color, b&w), and the results look promising. Moreover, the printer options are remaining consistent between prints (I used the same paper on all the test prints). I will continue to monitor the output to ensure I am getting accurate colors. Gratitude to all of you who offered solutions. They helped me narrow my search for possible solutions.

When you say you deleted the driver did you redownload and reinstall the driver?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Yep, I think the Canon support guy had me to pretty much the same.

Announcements