cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-200 Error Code 1890 during initialization

aclarkusa
Apprentice

During initialization, support code 1890 displays on the LCD screen indicating that there is still packaging that needs to be removed. There is no remaining packaging material. The print head carrier will not move to the center position for installation of the print head and ink cartridges.

Is there a fix for this?

How can I restart the initialization process?

5 REPLIES 5

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I recommend reaching out to Canon support at this time for troubleshooting in real time. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

dmale248
Apprentice

Did you ever figure out this problem. I am getting the same thing.

aclarkusa
Apprentice

I never did. I returned the printer. I then ordered another one from Best Buy. Installation went well. The printer is working well. I love it.

I appreciate the response, thank you I just opened mine and it keeps tell me that code and that I haven't removed all the tape from the inside of the printer but it's all out. Might have to do the same thing you did. 

Thanks again

edutainment
Apprentice

I received the same Support Code 1890 on my new Maxify GX6021. I had removed all the orange packing tape. What I missed was the hard orange plastic protective piece over the print head (I think that's what it is called). I was all ready to package it back up and return it (after trying phone support, chat support and this community), but then my 17yo looked it over and found that hard orange plastic piece was removable, took it out and the printer began to move onto the next step. So, look for that before returning.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements