cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 with matte vinyl sticker paper

TaylorF
Apprentice

Hello, 

I have been struggling to print on Cricut matte vinyl sticker paper with my Pixma Pro-100. The ink always looks too wet, bleeding beyond the edges of my artwork as it dries and in between edges of colors (someclose up pictures attached). I've tried printing from Illustrator and Cricut. I've printed using Illustrator color settings and printer color settings. I've tried looking for suggested icc profiles. I have tried following suggestions to set the printer to different paper (plain paper, glossy paper vs matte), but that has not really worked, especially with black/darker colors. I've tried printing fast vs fine, but it's either too heavy on the ink or too light, I can't seem to get a good in between.

I was just wondering if anyone has found the best setting for this, because I've seen videos of people making matte stickers with the printer but they don't seem to have this issue and they don't talk about the settings they use.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: For anyone coming here with this same issue, I figured out using the Hagaki media type with print quality set second to last towards the fine setting worked best for me. 

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

The Pro-100 is a dye ink printer. This means you are basically dealing with colored water. The printer paper used with this printer has a surface coating that is made to absorb water.

If you put a drop of water on the vinyl Cricut material my guess is that it beads up and is not absorbed.

Your best best is to post your question on a Cricut support site or forum.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

TaylorF
Apprentice
I am aware it is dye ink, I know how it works. I've asked Cricut and they direct me to ask Canon. So here I am. I feel it's less about the point of it being a Cricut product and more about any advice on settings for matte vinyl.
Announcements