cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100 not printing the correct colors from Mac

christinamsart
Contributor

Hello,

I have been using my pixma pro100 printer to make art prints at home. I was having a great time at first but then suddenly the colors started coming out incorrectly. It started when my Mac updated and somehow deleted all the ICC profiles i had downloaded from Canon. The profiles are gone now and Iv'e just been trying to print from photoshop. I let photoshop manage the colors instead of the printer. The colors seem to be coming out more red than what is on the screen. Meaning my greens are printing weak. I feel like I have tried every setting in photoshop and my print dialog box to fix the color but nothing is working. The paper I am using suggested to use the matte photo paper setting for best results so thats what i was doing. Should I try to re-download the ICC profiles? I'm not very tech savvy so if someone has any suggestions in basic terms I would appreciate it.

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I would remove the printer from your Mac and then click HERE to open the support page for your printer. I recommend installing the CUPS printer driver, Print Studio Pro and ICC profile files. Once all 3 files are installed, add the printer back on your Mac and use Print Studio Plugin when using Photoshop. You should see a better result when printing. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements