cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 matching stone

tvansmack
Apprentice

Hello, just recently got a new Pixma Pro-100. I want to print out photo copies of stone for countertops. I have a magic wand scanner that I use to copy the face of the stone but when I print out the copy it is much darker than the actual stone I scanned. Hoping there are some setup options I can work with to get the printed image to match or possibly get much closer to the colors. 

I am just using the standard printing program that came with the Pixma Pro-100. I am new to this so I don't know much but I am willing to learn.

Any help is greatly appreciate.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Which Canon printing program are you using - Easy PhotoPrint EX?

You could go to the Correct/Enhance tab and brighten the image by trial and error.

Most people have their monitor set too bright, so that when the adjust the image on screen and print it it comes out too dark.

Download and print the test image from this site.  Do not adjust it on screen, regardless of how it looks.

Print the image - how does it look? If  it looks good, which invariably it does unless you have a printer problem, then adjust your monitor brightness to match the print.

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you for the reply.

The program I am currently using is "Photo Layout Print" which came with the Pro-100. I have also printed it straight out of Window's Photo App with the same results.

I wanted to mention that the printed image look great! However if I hold the printed image up to the slab/stone that was scanned the image is darker than the actual stone.

I am not sure if it is my PC but when I attempt to download the image I get "Http/1.1 Service Unavailable".  I am at work so they might be blocking the image page. By chance is there another link to the image?

Thanks,

Todd

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi tvansmack,

Hi just wanted to check in and see if you were able to print the test print from the link jrhoffman75 provided? If so, how did it come out?

We look forward to your reply.

Announcements