cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 applying too much ink to paper

ryanstanikk
Apprentice

Hi all,

I recently bought a Pixma Pro-100 for my office at work. I am a graphic designer and wanted a printer that would be able to print full colour, A3, borderless graphics and photos to a good standard instead of sending these to print from our company laser printer / photocopier machine.

I have been trying out various print settings, but it seems no matter what I choose, the printer is throwing far too much ink at a page. If there are dark colours on a page, the paper will actually end up curling as it comes out of the printer and the colours will bleed into each other (especially on photos with dark colours).

I have tried various different papers, and various settings. I am trying to use primarily 135gsm A3 silk/satin, but have not found a setting yet that works well. I'm unsure whether this may be an issue with the printer or not.

I guess ideally I would love to find someone that uses this printer for similar style prints on a similar paper stock who has found settings that work, to see if my printer works with them too. Any help though would be appreciated.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Does the paper supplier provide custom profiles or recommend specific Canon settings?

If not, you may need to have custom profiles created.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

They don't have anything downloadable along those lines, but 135GSM silk is a pretty standard paper type.

What's the best process to work out a custom profile? I can't just keep trying things, as the printer has already gone through a cyan and a black ink and I haven't even printed that many pages!

If you Google custom icc profiles you should find many sources.

Have you tried printing using the plain paper option rather than photo papers?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, the plain paper option still applies too much ink, both to matt plain paper and to the silk paper.

Will check out profiles now.

Announcements