cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100 and Lightroom/Photoshop CC

David_Pavlich
Contributor

After installing everything, I tried to use Canon Print Studio Pro.  I tried in LR following the instructions (Plug in extras) but the Canon program doesn't show up in the menu.  So I tried it in Photoshop CC (Automate) but the same thing there; the Canon plugin doesn't show up.  What am I missing?

David

29 REPLIES 29

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Have you downloaded latest version of PSP from the Canon website?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Nope, just what was on the disk.  I'll do that now.  Thanks!

David

That was it!  You're my hero. 😉

David

Just printed a 13X19 sunset and all I can say is WOW!  Gotta' get a frame. 🙂

David

Yep. Pro-100 is great printer.

If you are using Lightroom, one thing to be aware of is that PSP bypasses the LR print engine, so the output sharpening that LR applies is not applied to a PSP print.  I've tried a number of prints both ways and I'm not sure I see a difference, but printing from LR is so easy that I don't use PSP for that. Printing from PS is a different matter. ebiggs1 has some great guidance on here if you hunt for it. He's on a PC.

Many folks here have had real isues printing from PS on a MAc, and after being directed to PSP they are happy campers.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the additional advice!  I've just scratched the surface of the program, but that first print sure did come out nicely.

David

Just make sure that you put the paper in right side up.  Otherwise, you'll get an inky, gooey mess, which will take days to dry.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I got a good chuckle out of your reply, Wadizzle.  I was reading through a bunch of posts about poor prints from the 100 last evening and I mentioned to my wife that so many of the fixes were "put the paper in right side up". 🙂  Certainly a "duh" moment!

David

"I got a good chuckle out of your reply, Wadizzle.  I was reading through a bunch of posts about poor prints from the 100 last evening and I mentioned to my wife that so many of the fixes were "put the paper in right side up". 🙂  Certainly a "duh" moment!"

I wasn't paying close attention, talking on the phone at the time, and inserted a sheet with the wrong side up.  I wound up with what could be best described as a very greasy, soupy looking pizza.  The ink was ready to run off the edges, too!

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements