cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100 Magenta Cast on Mac Catalina

efp7448
Apprentice

Hello I have a Pixma Pro 100. I have been printing art reproductions for almost two years with this printer with no problem. I recenty updated my Mac to Catalina, and my printer has been printing with a Pink/Magenta Cast ever since. I print on MOAB Entrada Bright Rag Paper and have downloaded the ICC profile. Can someone please explain why I cannot edit the color settings as they are "grayed out". PLEASE VIEW SCREENSHOTS.

Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 9.34.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 9.33.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 9.34.58 PM.png

If anyone could help guide me in the right direction to get my prints looking good again, that would be very much appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Have you downloaded and installed the latest driver from the Canon support site?

Those settings are grayed out because you want to have printer color management disabled when you are having Ps manage color.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I see you are allowing Photoshop to manage color in your workflow.  However, the printer driver is also managing color which is why you are getting pinks and magentas in your output. 

I don't have a MAC, John does and can reply.  I'll send him a PM.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Ha Ha, he's already here.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank You!

efp7448
Apprentice

Hello John,

Yes I have the "PRO-100 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.40.1.0 (Mac)"  driver installed. Print Studio Pro is not currently supported for my operating system. 

I am also using the exact ICC profile for the printer and authentic Canon Ink. I am really at a loss as to why the prints are looking off.  Any help woud be greatly appreciated. If you need me to pull any other screenshots, please let me know. 

Thanks!

If I am understanding your original post corrrectly everything worked fine until you udated to Catalina - correct?

Yes, PSP is not supported by Catalina. I am guessing you used that for printing before?

I am a Lightroom user, so I will need to do some checking on my computer.

What happens if you delete the printer from Printers & Scanners and add it back in, being sure you have the Canon driver and not the AirPrint driver. Sometimes that straightens out printer problems. 

I just printed an image via Ps. Came out OK.

Your's and my Ps dialogue look the same (except for paper profile)

Your Driver dialogue screenshot is correct.

In the Quality & Media setion of the driver did you select the Canon media type recommended by the paper vendor? Looks like you should be selecting Other Fine Art Paper 1, Quality High.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hello John,

Before Catalina, my prints were coming out great without using the Canon Studio Pro. I will look into my driver settings this evening to see if I selected AirPrint. Thanks again for your help!

were you able to fix this problem? im having it too 😞

Please provide your operating system, software being used and confirm that you have installed the latest driver.

Did this just start happening? If so, what recent changes were made to the computer?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements