cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 Leaving Smudges/Streaks on last part of 13x19" print

pmilligan
Apprentice

Hi guys, I am in desperate need of help as I have several customer orders that I can't fulfill because my printer just stopped functioning correctly today. I have a Pixma Pro-100, and I have printed several hundred 13x19" prints with it. Today, it started adding black smudges/streaks on either side of the last few inches of every 13x19" print.

I cleaned the printhead, aligned it, cleaned the nozzles, and even took the printhead out and cleaned it using the "soak in shallow water" method, before letting it dry completely. It still produces the same black smudges/streaks on either side of the last few inches of the prints. 

When I remove the printhead after a print, I can notice what looks like black ink build up all around the bottom brown part where the ink sprays out from the printhead. I've tried wiping it off with an alcohol wipe and reinstalling the printhead. Nothing seems to work. 

I should also note that the sponge that soaks up excess ink inside the printer seems to be really full of wet ink. I tried soaking up as much as I could with paper towels and got quite a lot of it out of there. It seems to me that this couldn't be the problem, though, because the smudges are on the printed side of the paper and not the rear side.

Can anyone help me, please? 

38 REPLIES 38

Thanks for that tip, I will try it...Oddly, my last 2 prints after more gentle roll, and massaging the corners, gave no issues, and now I have a banding issue...LOL. First time ever. Maybe due to raising the head in custom settings? Although I canceled that and resume normal, it may have caused something else?Odd...thin faded gaps all along horizontally along the direction of the head carraige direction there is banding.

I tried teh auto align, and not good. Then it says align manually, and I select that from the custom utility, yet it doesn't prompt for anything furhter. Not sure how I am supposed to manually align?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
You need to select align again. Then it will initiate the process.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Doing that now. I noticed when I did the custom setting for the heads to be moved up, the printing did degrade. SO now back down. Did a align, and now doing another.

I did a align test page and I see a bunch of rectangles in the black, gray  and magenta maybe red spectrum with a couple of Cyan. Another page was mainly cyan and then mix of grays and reds.

Then a chart with ABCDE...to W X Y with -# and +#... There whould be a link in this process to "learn more about, or how to read,,etc" I either missed it, or its not there. There are prompts to not do anything during this process, etc, etc.

There are solid rectangles and along with them are the segmented ones. I see how Canon explains a number of things, but I didn't see a link in this aligning process on how to read this test print.  I dont know what it is trying to show me.

Download the OnScreen manual from the Canon support site.

Its explained on page P103.

But, if you executed the manual align process it will tell you to select the best looking rectangle in each column and then use the arrows to select the valu of that rectangle.

Screenshot 2020-10-29 145535.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks for this, as when I selected manual align, NOTHING happened. no print no new prompt.

Just got the next 13x19 waste of inks and paper time print....still banding. So I will put this manual process in action IFFF I get the next step prompt.

So far I have about 15 13x19 beautiful glossy papers with excellent Canon ink on it WITH ALL the ERRORS 🙂 What a waste!!

Time even more, and sanity a good chunk as well.  I have had plenty issues with other printers, but at least I know what causes it, or how to go about it. I am looking to upgrade a 44" to 60 inch...

I was on the impression that I would switch to IPF pretty surely, but...I am not so sure any more. I am very familiar with HP and Epson issues. HP a bit mroe managable, and enjoy the Z series with replacable heads, and decent paper handling, yet likes to control it.  Anyways, lets see what manual align will do IF I can get it to launch

So when I select manual align, it promts to "Apply settings to printer?". And that is it. I dont see anything else!!

You need to select align again. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I downloaded what I thought was a manual to the printer...I got "emnl-win-pro_10-1_20-ucd-en

This folder contains a CHECKSUM, ICO file, EULA, HTML, EasyGuide, a folder called "manual" (yad think you hit the jackpot!right?WRONG), and message folder.

In the manual folder there are screens and different languages. I delete the other languages. Inside the English folder instead of a PDF file there are folders with 2-3 letters on them suggesting some alphbetical order. Under AP folder there is another folder, 1.1, inside 1.1 there is a AP.cab file.  OK, WTFolders is going on here?!!  I cant even use a manual??? How dum am I?

Geez...I must be retarded to the point of a new species.  How did my dummness even graduate uni with a degree, or ..I should say I did I get accepted to 1st grade if I cant figure out how to read a manual.  SOmeone give me a shotgun as I dont deserve to live!!! It is now almost 2pm, and I have been at this since 8:30 this morning!!!

HOW, HOW, HOW is this acceptable?  We have 2 rovers in Mars in full communication, and with all sorts of technology, and while my eyes were in disbelief when I saw a color print come out of a Epson Stylus Color printer over 25 years ago....I have to ask, that if we have not perfected and exceeded the printing expectations....What in the world are we doing here spinning our wheels as some company just gets fatter and fatter? How many of us suffering or using and simply throwing hard earned money doing this are we?

I found a pdf user manual for the pro-10 from CNET. (just speechless).  I'll see if page 103 is the same.

Thanks so much thus far. I think I may take my finger off the trigger for a second to read this...If I dont rip up reading English.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements