cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-10 ink out message

kkozloff
Apprentice

Since I have noticed that there is significant variation in ink cartridges that my printer considers to be out of ink, I looked online to determine what an empty and full cartridge should weigh.  I found that a completely empty cartridge would weigh about 16 grams and completely full 33 grams.  My computer sends me an ink-out message when cartridges weigh as much as 24 grams, as measured on a good quality digital kitchen scale.  I appreciate that allowing a cartridge to go completely empty would risk damage to the printer, however, it seems that the printer is calibrated to force me to replace the cartidge when a third of the ink remains in it.  This seems wasteful, though a money-maker for Canon.  I'd appreciate any feedback.   

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I don't have a Pro-10; I have a Pro-100.

I get an ink running low alert (exclamation point) but the printer continues to print.

After additional printing the printer will stop and says ink has run out. At that point there is no ink in the front reservoir. 

To avoid the "domino effect" when one cartridge signals run out I replace that one and any with an exclamation point. The ewxclamation point catidges might have some ink in the front reservoir, but it is very little.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
Announcements