cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photoshop not passing the image to Professional Print & Layout

SRbaumbach
Contributor

This started to happen after Apple updated MACs for security reasons.  I re-installed the PPL software, resigned all my printers back in to no avail.  PPL will print standalone and I can print from Photoshop but Photoshop refuses to pass an image on to PPL. 

Computer :  Mac(2013) "Trashcan"

OS is the very latest

Printers:  Pro 1000, 2000 and 4000

PPL version 1.2.2

7 REPLIES 7

SRbaumbach
Contributor

Maybe not clear enough.  I bring an imgae up in Photoshop, use Automate to access PPL, PPL comes up with no image to print. 

Maybe give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

SRbaumbach
Contributor

Seems that this is a known issue due to Apple's security update version 11.6 Big Sur.  When PPL is started from PS, the image is not passed for printing and it locks up PS resulting in a force quit.  Work around is to either print using the PS print engine or use PPL stand alone which works nicely for JPEG and TIFF files.  Canon is working on the problem.  Typical software update on Apples's part:  fix one thing, break many others.

I'm also having this problem after updating to macOS Big Sur 11.6. I need to print for my business and I have seemed to have tried everything. Does Canon have a solution yet? 

PPL does work well in stand alone.  It actually works better when integrated into your workflow.  I am a professional printer and can speak for Canon as with my last conversation with them, they said a fix is in the works.  Use PPL stand alone for now and give it time.  I think you'll like working with PPL better this way as this application is a memory hog but when used separately, you may go from Bridge and PS with ease.  Let me know you thoughts as integration with PS may not be as important as you think.  

Stephen

Canson Certified Print Lab #47

I have the same issue but with a twist.  When I use Professional Print and Layout (PPL) as a stand alone application, it will only open the image file when I drag and drop, not when I initiate from the Open menu choice.  I am running a new McBook Pro M1 on Monterey.  I’m guessing the problem is due to security blocking but I have opened up permission for the program.  

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
This is a user supported forum. We don’t/can’t speak for Canon.

Are you sure you really need PP&L?

Have you tried printing direct from Photoshop?

Have you tried exporting from Ps and using PP&L in the free standing mode?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements