cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO-100 Canon Paper ICC profiles

pmwomeldorf
Contributor

I'm looking for Canon paper ICC profiles to download and can't find them.

Pam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Finally uninstalled software and re-installed and all is GOOD!!!

Thanks for you help

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Thanks and I've done that a couple times and re-booted.  I might delete the printer and re-install or just find a work around for now.

Thanks for all your help.

I use Capture One and not the Adobe product, on my Mac.

I discovered that the .canonicc files in the /Library/Printers folder are actually just some kind of container (maybe a sparse bundle) holding the precious .icc file. By opening the containers, I was able to see the .icc files and copy them to my /Library/Colorsync folder and Capture One sees them just fine.

Happy guy here.

How did you open the .canonicc file?

Right click. Show package contents.

Under Contents/Resources.

That's it.

Thanks but I've tried that several times actually and rebooted but they still don't show up in the printer choices/other.  I did add RR profiles just to test and they show up fine but for some reason the Canon papers do not.  I can go into LR>File>Plug-ins Extra and choose Canon Print Studio Pro and I guess try that. 

Finally uninstalled software and re-installed and all is GOOD!!!

Thanks for you help

Hi pmwomeldorf,

Another option for reloading the ICC profiles when they are no longer available on the Mac OS is the following:

1. Make sure LR is closed so the changes will take effect. 

2. Remove the printer from the printer list.

3. Add the printer back to the printer list ensuring to select the printer states Canon Pro-100 before selecting ADD

Once that is done the ICC profiles should be available again within LR. 

@

THAT was a super helpful point!! Thank you. I had 'AirPrint' not IJ series this whole time and was going mad trying to work out how to start getting my settings straight. 

Now I just need to work out how to colour manage sync Photoshop/Lightrooom with my Pixma Pro 100s - without spending hundreds on hardware monitor calibration.. close enough is good neough for me... BUT I do still get a slightly hazy desaturated print compared to the screen. 

Hi SpiceWeasel76. Glad you were able to get sorted out.

Here is one thing to try.

Download the test image from this site:

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

Open the image in your software program.

Prepare it for printing. Do not make any adjustments to the image, regardless of how it looks on the screen.

How does the print look? If everything is OK with the printer and your media and profile setings are correct you should have an excellent print.

Then you can compare the print to your display. Quite likely you will find that the display is too bright.

Let me know how it works.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
👍
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements