cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO 10 colors completely off

dddenise
Contributor

First, I am printing from a Mac, OS 10.15.3, and printing my image from IPhoto and Preview. I haven't used my Pro-10 in a while, so I made sure the driver was current and all the ink tanks were full.  I put Canon photo paper in the printer and matched the type to the type in the dialog box.  All systems go.  However, when my print came out, a rich blue navy blue blazer was a murky purple, not even close to navy.  Black wrought iron rails were also purple.   I printed the same file on a Brother printer, and the color was fairly accurate, although the detail not quite as good.  How can I get the color to match the screen on my Canon Pro 10?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hello dddenise.

1. since you said you hadn't used your Pro-10 in a while did you do a nozzle check?

2. when you installed the latest driver from the Canon website did you install the Airprint version or the Canon Pro-10 Series version?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

Greetings,

Without seeing the results, its hard to say. 

Also, might you have double color management in your workflow.  Pink , magenta, and purpulish casts can often point to this.  As of now though without knowing and seeing your results I'm just adding it as a possibility. 

Agree  with rs-eos - Color calibration is important

Also agree with John's suggestion...  Nozzle check for a printer thats been sitting for a while.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Windows or Mac computer?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I just saw you wrote PC so I am assuming Windows.

Are you double profiling?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

If you mean by "double profiling" having lightroom and the printer both controling I don't believe so but Canon doesn't make it easy to figure out how to do that.  Under Printer Properties I have main / manual / set/ matching / none.  A conflict between the LIghtroom and the printer seemed to be the logical place to look but I haven't found it.  I tried printer only and that didn't seem to make a difference.  Very frustrating.

@dplaz1 wrote:

If you mean by "double profiling" having lightroom and the printer both controling I don't believe so but Canon doesn't make it easy to figure out how to do that.  Under Printer Properties I have main / manual / set/ matching / none.  A conflict between the LIghtroom and the printer seemed to be the logical place to look but I haven't found it.  I tried printer only and that didn't seem to make a difference.  Very frustrating.

You have correctly turned off printer color management.

What paper are you using?

Have you selected the correct media type in the printer driver and the correct paper profile in Lightroom?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yep, paper profiles are accurate.  It is a mystery.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Are you printing the test image without any editing? Just open and print?

Are you using OEM inks?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Printed the test without any editing.

Canon inks direct from Canon.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Then I recommend calling Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON.

Everything seems to be correct. You should be getting great images.

One last thought, since others have had this problem.

Depending on the paper, have you confirmed you are printing on the correct side.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yep, everything is correct.  I will check with Canon.  Thanks.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Please post resolution for others to learn. Thanks.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

click here to view the gallery
Announcements