Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

PRO-10 Printer Update Utility Fails: error message and amber light flashes 3x

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to update my PRO-10 with the downloaded Canon utility via USB, but it fails every time. After the fail I get the message below and the amber alarm gives off the 3 flash warning, which is related to jammed paper and print doors being open, none of which are open, jammed or applies here.

I'm running OS Catalina 10.15.7 on a relatively new iMac.

Have tried switching cable to each USB input and restarting printer...no luck.

TIA

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 3.00.04 PM.png

VIP

Re: PRO-10 Printer Update Utility Fails: error message and amber light flashes 3x

There are a number of threads on this issue.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Pro-10-firmware/m-p/306761/highlight/...

Run a nozzle check. If the reported FW is lower than 2.0 you are OK.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
New Contributor

Re: PRO-10 Printer Update Utility Fails: error message and amber light flashes 3x

Thank you, but none of those posts / remedies helped me at the time. Since then I've encountered several other error codes, all of which I addressed on my own but now I can't run the nozzle cleaning because the other error remedies cost me so much ink. Will be calling Canon.

Highlighted
VIP

Did you read this message in the thread?

Screenshot 2020-12-01 113546.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic