cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA Pro9500 Disc Printing

Taquila
Contributor

I have been trying to set up my dvd/cd tray to print. I have the software installed it did show the cd tray E in the printer setup. When I went to print, it said printer not responding.  I tried calling Canon but I was informed that there is no longer phone support for my model. I reinstalled the software and printer and now the cd e tray is not present in the drop down for settings. Is there something I am doing wrong to set this up?

10 REPLIES 10

Danny

Hi, Taquila!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. The PIXMA Pro9500 mentioned in the subject header doesn't print on discs.  That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Sorry about that. The printer is a Pixma Pro 9500 Mark II and there is a cd/dvd tray slot for this printer. It shows in the manual that there is the ability to print dvd/cd labels. Is that incorrect?

Hello Taquila.

The Pro9500 Mark II release in the U.S. does not support CD/DVD printing, and does not come with a CD/DVD printing tray.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The phone message when I typed in the printer that I needed assitance with on the phone support, it said my printer is no longer supported by phone and to contact this forum. Ok, so if it is not supported, why is there the tray slot there? I wonder why this one has it then??? StrangeIMG_2686.JPGIMG_2686.JPG

Hi Taquila.

The Pro9500 Mark II release in the U.S. does not support CD/DVD printing, and does not come with a CD/DVD printing tray. 

The Pro9500 Mark II was released around the world. Non-U.S. models may have features not included in the U.S. release.  If you require support with a non-U.S. model, you may find the correct support for your unit using the Canon Global website: http://global.canon/en/support/

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ok, can we trace the S/N to find out where it was sold to verify the U.S. or outside of it?

Hi Taquila,

What are the letters in the serial number of your printer?

We can look up the region where the printer was intended for use.

Taquila
Contributor
NACC I have a feeling the NA means North America.

Hello.

The NACC serial number is a United States model.  The disc printing function is not available for that printer.

Announcements