cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-200 faint vertical banding

flip
Contributor

New printer. I got a couple of good prints to start with. But now I get a faint vertical banding. I tested for clogged nozzles. They're okay. Checked alignment. Okay. I'm sure I'm selecting the proper paper type. Not sure what to do next. Hate wasting all this A3+ paper and ink.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I spent over an hour on the phone with Canon support. The guy I talked to was very patient and was as helpful as he was able to be. But he wasn't able to come up with a solution. So I am returning the printer to Amazon where I got it. Interestingly, their price for a new one went up $200. I ended up ordering one from B & H Photo. I'll have it in two days. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, flip!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Yes, it is a Pixma Pro-200. Paper type set at Plus Semi-gloss, but it is Epson Premium Semi-Gloss paper not Canon paper. Perhaps that is the problem, although I got two decent prints on the Epson paper prior to this one. I hate to switch paper and waste the ink only to find out that isn't the problem. But perhaps that's the next option. Printing from Photoshop 2021. Can't think of any other details.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi flip,

Because this issue may be hardware related, it is recommended that you contact technical support via phone for further assistance. There is NO charge for this call. Please dial 1-800-423-2366, Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Time, excluding holidays. A Technical Support Representative can determine the cause of the lines you are seeing on your printouts and resolve it or provide you with your available service options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I agree with Patrick that you should contact Canon. Using Epson paper and the canon ICC profile might result in some color issues, but it shouldn't be causing lines on your print.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I spent over an hour on the phone with Canon support. The guy I talked to was very patient and was as helpful as he was able to be. But he wasn't able to come up with a solution. So I am returning the printer to Amazon where I got it. Interestingly, their price for a new one went up $200. I ended up ordering one from B & H Photo. I'll have it in two days. 

Announcements