cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO-100 & PRO-1000 Paper Warning Statement Question

skpchatsworth
Apprentice

Hello and thanks in advance for the help.  We have used a Canon Pixma Pro 100 for years and have recently added a Pro 1000 both of which we are using regularly.  We usually print with luster paper, which I purchase from B&H Photo and have never had any issues  Recently I found a fantastic deal on some luster paper on ebay and decided at the price it might be worth a try.  The paper arrived today and it looks great, however there was a note enclosed which included the following warning 'This paper was produced exclusively for Noritsu Inkjet Printers.  Use of this paper in other printers or photocopiers may result in damage to those systems.  We are not responsible for such damage'.  I have never heard or considered that using a certain brand of paper could result in damage to the printer.  Do you feel this is just a general warning put in place to prevent any claims, a shallow attempt to convince the consumer to purchase the printer named, or could there be a legitimate risk of damage to the printers from use of this paper?  Any advice appreciated!

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I suspect it is an overly cautious legal statement. I have used Canon, Canson, Moab and other paper types with great results and no problems. Just ensure that the paper weight/thickness is within spec. You might need to have custom ICC profiles created. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements