cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-200 Printer won't print

Lynkriv
Apprentice

Help!

I have moved house and now I can't print wireless to my PRO 200 anymore!

I have connected it to the new wifi. My Laptop was not recognising it even though it was listed as a printer so I deleted and added again. I did not reinstall the drivers because the Laptop said they were already there. I have rebooted everything but even when I ask to print a test page, the 'cant print' error appears immediately.

I am ready to throw it out of the window! I have no idea what to do now!

I also have a smaller Canon Pixma which, after a lot of stuffing around, now prints fine via wifi.

Advice greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings lynkriv,

As @jrhoffman75suggested, canon will be happy to help you.  

You can also uninstall all drivers, and printer software and remove the device from control panel via right-click.  Now perform set up again, ensure the printer is connected to wifi and install the printer's drivers again.  Whatever windows thinks is present, is not correct.

Support | Professional Inkjet Printers | PIXMA PRO-200 | Canon USA

Confirming connection on the router, verifying the IP addresses of the printer and PC should allow you to confirm connectivity and ability to communicate, leaving drivers as the last step to allow printing again.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks but not an option. I'm in Oman and can't call 1800 numbers.

Looks like I throw it out of the window and go buy an Epson!

Look up the Canon support office for your region. 

Maybe here: https://en.canon-me.com/support/consumer_products/contact_support/oman.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings lynkriv,

As @jrhoffman75suggested, canon will be happy to help you.  

You can also uninstall all drivers, and printer software and remove the device from control panel via right-click.  Now perform set up again, ensure the printer is connected to wifi and install the printer's drivers again.  Whatever windows thinks is present, is not correct.

Support | Professional Inkjet Printers | PIXMA PRO-200 | Canon USA

Confirming connection on the router, verifying the IP addresses of the printer and PC should allow you to confirm connectivity and ability to communicate, leaving drivers as the last step to allow printing again.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you shadowsports. Your advice solved my problem and I am very grateful. For some reason it didn't occur to me to question windows but from past experience I should have known better!

Thanks again

Announcements