cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100S on Mac Mini M1 (Monterey)

Delange
Contributor

Hello,

I recently bought a Mac Mini M1. It is running Monterey OS.

I downloaded the latest driver from the Canon website, which sais it is compatible with Monterey.

Unfortunatly, I can't get the printer to print. The driver shows the ink levels so it is communicating well with the printer. ANd when I send a print job to the printer, the white LED is blinking like normal. But the printer never prints.

The printer is connected though Ethernet and works fine when printing from a Windows computer.

Is there a known issue with this?

What can I do to resolve this? 

Thank you!

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Perhaps try resetting printer system inside the Printers & Scanners app and re-add the printer. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you John, I have tred that several times but to no avail. 

I even updated the printer's firmware but still no luck. 

If you try and print a test page from the driver does it print?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John, yes that prints.

But the printer doesn't print from any other app. I usualy print from Lightroom or the Canon Print Studio. But neither work. Also tried printing from pages but that doesn't work either. 

Update: I also posted this question on the Apple support pages. they adviced me to use the Bonjour driver. Although the printer is printing with that driver, it does not support ICC profiles. So using the Bonjour driver is not an option.

I need the Canon driver. Apple suggested to contact Canon for futher support. 

Maybe its a M1 issue, since my Pro-100 is printing OK w/Monterey on a non-M1 MacBook Air.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Are you using the Canon IJ Network driver or the Bonjour one? 

IJ Series full driver.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Since upgrading to Monterey on a 2017 iMac I have had trouble printing to the PRO-100 from various apps including pdfs using Preview. I consistently get "306 Communication Error". Sometimes if I pause the job and restart it, it will print, but not always. On m most recent print attempt, it blew the document up by 400% and printed the top quarter of the page, before shutting down with the communication error message. Either it is Monterey, or it is the updated Monterey 'compatible' Canon driver I installed when I upgraded. I haven't tried resetting the Printer system but that will be my next step. No problems printing the same docs to my Brother printer. : \

Announcements