PIXMA PRO-100 Says Ink is Unknown

noemycor
Contributor

Why I cant print because the says that the ink level is unknown 

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome. A little more info needed. What printer, what operating system, are the proper drivers installed, what software is giving the error?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Canon pro 100, when i try to print says the ink is unknown 

and i already install the drivers.

Did you ever get a decent response to your question? I have the same issue, which is very frustrating - seems to be little online help. My printer (Pixma Pro 100s) was working fine, and then suddenly one of the ink slots was saying 'level unknown'. This became two and now three out of the 8 slots in total. Using genuine inks on a mac with up-to-date software. Not sure if it means the ink has run out, but don't want to replace them in case this is not correct - inks too expensive to change unless I have to. Has anyone got an answer to this issue?

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

What is the exact model printer you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit)?
Are you using Genuine Canon ink cartridges/toner? 
Which version of Windows or macOS are you using?
How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks, and have a great day!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

1. You could try reseating the print head. https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART164767

2. You can remove a cartridge and visually check ink level. Is there ink in the front chamber?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

TheFellaLondon
Apprentice

Still no decent response to this original post. Just happened to me again - ink level unknown, and had to change the ink to get my printing working again. Moderator asking the same questions that have already been answered previously in the thread. I gave the printer - Canon Pixma Pro 100s, yes I am using genuine inks, I use a Mac, latest OS, connected by USB. Simple question - why is this happening, and what is the solution?

Announcements