cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-100 13" x 19" print set-up

boxerRT
Contributor

This is my first time trying to make 13x19 prints. It looks as though all of my settings are correct but the top of the print image is cropped into the chimney pipes. Can you help?

Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 10.02.25 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Screenshot 2023-04-14 090701.jpgScreenshot 2023-04-14 090740.jpgIt looks like you are using a third party paper with a custom ICC profile. What media type did the paper vendor tell you to select? It looks like you either have selected A3+(30mm) media type or are manually selecting a 1.18 inch border top and bottom. (1.18*25.4 = 30mm).

If your paper isn't a heavy fine art paper select A3+ media type and set the margin 0.5 inches all around. That will give you a 12x18 inch print area and let you print a full size digital image without cropping.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

The aspect ratio is "unconstrained" when cropped (using C1 terminology). The image appears to mostly fill the 13x19 format and is not cropped in the print window prior to depressing the print button but then conforms to the gray area in the screen grab I posted and is cropped and printed according to that proportion leaving the wide border top and bottom. What is it that determines the gray window? 

If C1 is like Lightroom the light gray area depicts the margin (unprinted area).

If you are cropping "Unconstrained" it means that your cropped image is most likely not a standard aspect ratio. Setting the printer to fill the cell is going to result in additional cropping when printing. Is there setting that doesn't do anything to the image in the cell?

Another thing to try for demonstration purposes is crop the image to a 2x3 aspect ratio and print as set up below:

1. set the cell size to 12x18 (not 12.65); 2. set all your margins to 0.5 inches (they are actually interrelated).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

BTW, in the settings I now have, I can't control the margins using sliders at the top and bottom of the print. Do I have the paper size selected properly?  What does Margin 30 mean? In the template window, why can I not select 13x19 even when the pull-down lists US Super A3 (13x19) but 13x19 is not a choice that can be selected.

Again, thanks for any help you can offer.

@boxerRT wrote:

BTW, in the settings I now have, I can't control the margins using sliders at the top and bottom of the print. Do I have the paper size selected properly?  What does Margin 30 mean? In the template window, why can I not select 13x19 even when the pull-down lists US Super A3 (13x19) but 13x19 is not a choice that can be selected.

Again, thanks for any help you can offer.

What media type do you have selected? Sounds like you have a Fine Art paper selected. 

Red River recommends Plus Sem-Gloss:

Screenshot 2023-04-14 093113.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements