cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My computer can't detect my pro-100 printer.

gmartins27
Apprentice

Hi. I am trying to install my pixma pro-100 for the first time today. I am installing using the USB cord. 

I went trough all the setup, and when it got to the part to align the printhead, it didn't do it, I had to do it by pressing the cancel button on the printer. Even though that happened, the setup was completed.

When I click on the "start my printer" menu, it says that the supported printer cannot be detected. I tried to print a page using PDF, but it made my PDF reader freeze and shut down.

I use Windows 7 Home Basic.

What can I do?

5 REPLIES 5

gmartins27
Apprentice

An update, my computer is telling me the driver is not installed, but I already installed it a bunch of times. It shows the printer is there, but it doesn't work.

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi gmartins27,

When you attempted the installation, did you receive any error messages?  If so, what was the exact message that appeared?  Also, did you install the drivers from the CD-ROM or from our website?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The only error that appears is when I try to do the print head alignment through the installation CD. I press to execute and this is the error that shows: The title of the window says "ExecuteMntDDI" and inside the window it says "hBJMaintenance error".

I press OK and it takes me to the setup window again, where I can press NEXT. After I do that it says the setup is complete and the product is ready to use.

When I go to "Canon my printer", I get this message:

Untitled-1.jpg

I click on the Diagnose and Repair and it says everything is fine and working, but it's not.

Thank gmartins27,

The screenshot is very helpful.  Since this error could be caused by several different things, at this point, I recommend contacting us for additional support and step-by-step troubleshooting.  We look forward to hearing from you and helping to resolve this issue.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi, thanks for your help!

I called Canon and we tried to do everything we could, the problem is with my windows.

Announcements