cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Pixma Pro 100 printer prints blurred images. Please help!

shravandg
Contributor

Hello guys,

I am a newbie to Canon. I just now bought a Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer. I followed the instructions carefully and installed the printer. I used the CD rom to install the software on my laptop. I used USB to connect to the printer.

I then tried printing few pcitures but all of them are blurry. I tried 13X19 sized picture print and acouple of 4X6 prints. I don't exactly know whats the problem but all the prints are blurred. I used the catridges that came with the printer itself and the papers I used were Photo Paper Pro Luster for a 13x19" print and a Photo Paper Plus Glossy II for 4x6" prints. I used the back tray for inserting my papers and I turned the smoother side towards me. Can anyone know what the solution could be? I was really excited when I bought this so that I can print copies of my pictures but I am helpless right now. Please help!

==================================================================================

UPDATE

I removed the printer head and reinserted it then I started getting good prints. I was getting nice prints for both 4 by 6"(glossy II) and 13 by 19" (Luster) sheets but for 8.5 by 11" sized sheets (Luster), I was getting wetty, blurred prints. And on blurry prints, the print didn't dry at all until morning. I used the back tray for all sizes and I inserted the sheet with the smoother side up (facing me). I don't know whats causing the issue.

14 REPLIES 14

Thanks a lot Sir. You were right. I was putting the shiny side towards me but the glossy side is the correct side to print on. I checked that with 13 by 19 sheets as they are also Luster type. I guess this is the case for 8.5 by 11 sheets as well. Thanks for all the help! Do you have anyother sugegstions for me while printing to get sharper and excellent quality prints?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Glad to help. Are you shooting RAW or JPEG?

What software are you printing from?

What brand/model camera?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hello Sir,

I use a Nikon D5300 with 18-55mm and a 35mm lens.

I shoot in Raw mode but then I edit my pictures in PS/Lightroom and then I crop them to whatever size I want them to print (4x6 or 8.5 by 11 or 13 by 19) and I save them as JPEG.

I then print the JPEG and while printing, I do the folllowing:

Paper tray: Automatic sheet feeder

Paper type: Photo Paper Pro Luster (for 8.5 by 11 and 13 by 19)

Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (4 by 6)

Paper size: Letter (8.5 by 11)

4 by 6

A3 plus (for 13 by 19)

Photo size: full page

Fit : fill page

Colr mode: color

Collation: collated

Output quality: automatic

Borderless printing: on

This is what I do. Do you have any suggestioons in mind?

P.S: I dont have the XPS driver installed. 

I print from Lightroom, so I am not familiar with some of the settings you have indicated. Here are some suggestions if you want to try them.

When editing in LR I am assuming you do all your adjustments including sharpening.

No need to save a JPEG if you are printing; if you want the JPEG for another reason that's fine.

I am posting two scrfeen shots that show the settings I am using.

2017-08-15 (1).png

2017-08-15 (2).png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Sure. Thanks for the screenshots. Will try this way sometime. Thanks for all the help! 🙂

Announcements