cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Pixma PRO-100 stopped printing

takeurpic
Contributor

I decided to print something today and checked the ink levels and went through the thorough head cleaning process. It sounds like it goes through the while process, even when I click check nozzle pattern. But when I check the paper, there is nothing! I have done this several times. It shows I have plenty of ink. What can be going on?

Thanks, Jeff

11 REPLIES 11

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Do you mean when you select Nozzle Check nothing prints? If that is the case did you run a head cleaning?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, I tried doing a thorough head cleaning twice. But when I do a pattern check, not one dot of color is used, although it goes through the motion like it is printing. I also try and print the image, but not a drop of color! Weird!!!! 

Sounds like a head failure or an internal problem with the printer. 

You probably have nothing to lose by trying a head cleaning using one of the approaches you can find on YouTube. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I appreciate all your help! 

takeurpic
Contributor

So now I have soaked and dried my printer head for 20 hours in warm water, doing want a YouTube video said to do, but still not a drop of ink when checking the nozzle pattern! I proceeded to have the printer go through a couple deep cleanings. Still nothing. Then I decided to clean the ink containers in warm water, but still nothing...UGH!!!! What should I do next.... give up?

Sounds like a complete head failure or an internal electrical failure so no signals get to the head.

You could try getting a new head, but they are generally not returnable, so if that doesn't work you would be out that cost. Maybe you can find a used working one on eBay or Craigslist.

If it was me I would get a new Pro-200.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Ok, I was thinking about getting a new printer. Does Canon have a 300 printer?

Thanks, Jeff 

yes, they have a Pro-300, which is a pigment ink printer. It is the successor to the old Pro-10.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Sounds pricey? I don't even know what pigment ink is. I would be ok with the 200?

Thanks, Jeff 

Announcements