cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Cover Open error message 1206

AlanM-43
Apprentice

I am getting a 1206 (Maintenance Cover Open) error code each time I turn on my Canon Pro-1000.  The maintenance door is NOTY OPEN nor is the maintenance cartridge full or not locked in position.  None the less I have replaced the maintenance tank - did not clear the issue.  

I have opened the locking tab above the maintenance cartridge - did not clear the issue.  

I have held the door covering the maintenance cartridge closed - did not clear the issue.  

I have powered the unit down and even removed the power cable, and after 1 minute reattached the power cable and turned the printer on - did not clear the issue.  

Has anyone had similar problems and how did you restore printer operations.  

I can't clear the error message nor progress past it to print my documents or photo images 

All suggestions are helpful so long as I can restore functionality.

My printer is scarcely three years old

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum. 

This is not a specific Pro-1000 recommendation, but sometimes disconnecting a power cable and then pressing the power on button drains any retained power. It works on my PC and iMac. Can't hurt to try. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Called Canon Tech support hoping to get a repair authorization or be provided a fix to the problem.  No such luck.  Apparently, Canon operates on an if it fails, we'll give you 10% off a new unit philosophy making my having kept the original packing container a waste of space.   They, Canon, did give me a 10% discount on a NEW Pro-1000 and suggested I dispose of the inoperable unit despite the only fault being a door switch.  

Announcements