cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magenta cast on my Pixma pro 9000

HMG
Apprentice

Why do my prints have a strong magenta cast on my Pro 9000? The head is clean and produces a good print pattern.

I have tried printing directly from the camera with the same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

33 REPLIES 33

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It is my experience with Canon "pro level" printers is, they tend to have a redish bias.  This is very difficult to remove.

Canon engineers seem to prefer this warm look. This is built in.

However, on portraits I do like it, too. They look very nice. But on other stuff I know your problem.

I sometimes add a small amount of a 'coolong' filter in Photoshop. This usually counter-acts the built in warming effect of the printer. Remember a small amount, a little is good, a lot is not.  It will look slightly blueish on your screen. I mean sloightly!

Hope this helps.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

This is more than reish bias. This is an outright heavy cast. lf I could scan the prin, you could see the poblem.

Thanks for your reply.  

HMG
Apprentice
Can I scan the prints?

And u/l them here? 

I guess you can but you are going to add several systems idea of what they 'should' look like.  Give it a go. I would be interested in seeing what you have.

EB

nsilver
Apprentice

I have had a Pixma pro 9000 for a number of years which has worked well.  About six months ago I replaced the head unit when some of the cartridges weren't jetting ink evenly, and again it worked well-- until now.  A few days ago I noticed that one ink cartridge, Photo Magenta, had depleted itself in a single day, and without my using that color much.  I replaced it, and again, the new Photo Magenta cartridge depleted itself in a day-- less than a day, actually.  

There doesn't seem to be any similar useage problem in any of the other cartridges.  What's going on, and what can I do about it? 

RSF
Contributor

I have the same problem and find it quite unattractive.  I'm on a Mac - is everyone else who is having this problem using a Mac?

I use WIn 8.1 and CS6.

EB

I am having the same problem. I hope someone finds the solution to this because I have had this problem for a while now and haven't been able to figure it out

sorry...also using Win 8.1 but had same problem with Win 7

Announcements