cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for paper profiles on Canon's site

nvw
Enthusiast

Hello,

I am trying to find the icc profiles for a Pro 10 on Canon's site. Really hard to find. I am not using Adobe software but have installed Print Studio assuming the profiles will come with it however I am not seeing them in the ColorSync folder (I'm on a Mac).

Does anyone know where on Canon's site their icc profiles are?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You can download third party paper ICC profiles here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/professional-large-format-printers...

Annotation 2020-06-07 125811.jpg

Profiles for Canon papers are automatically loaded with the driver. They are installed as a "package" and you won't see them in the normal place for profiles.

Download the latest version of the driver from the Canon support site and be sure that you have added the IJ Series version of the printer and not the AirPrint version.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I was right there, not sure how I missed it. Thanks Jeff.

Michael

nvw
Enthusiast

Actually, this is not what I was looking for.  I am looking for is the paper profiles for Canon papers, not 3rd party profiles for the printer.

Thanks.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Hi Michael.

As I said in my first post, the ICC profiles for Canon papers are automatically loaded when the driver is installed.

And you will only get them if the Canon IJ Series version of the printer is installed when you add the printer. You can’t download them separately like you can third party profiles.

Download the latest version of the Canon driver and verify correct printer. Then you can access the Canon profiles from your software.

What photo software are you using.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi Jeff,

I downloaded the drivers again with the same result. I believe you are in Windows so I am not sure if it works the same way on a Mac. It looks like the Canon paper drivers are downloaded in a 'bundle' so you cannot see the individual driver files, just the one file that has all the drivers in it. In my case, all the drivers are contained in a file called PRO10series.canonicc. I am guessing this is what Lightroom looks for when soft proofing.

I am using Capture One. There is proofing similar to Lightroom however Capture One is not showing the Canon papers. Unless I have misunderstood how the Canon driver and profiles work on a Mac, I think I need to look into Capture One for a resolution.

Thanks,

Michael

-------------

Update for those who come across a similar issue...The Canon paper profiles on a Mac are stored in /Library/Printers/Canon/BJPrinter/Resources. Find your printer file then create a duplicate of it. It will appear as a new folder, not a bundle. Drag it to your desktop (or where ever you want) and you'll see the individual paper profiles. You would then move them to the /users/your name/Library/ColorSync/Profiles folders.

It does seem like a long way to go. I will be contacting Canon and Capture One to see if there is a better way.

I use both Mac and Windows machines. 

Message to there who might be reading this thread - the more info provided initially the easier it is for us to assist. 

That is exactly what you need to do for less popular software like Capture One, Affinity, DxO PhotoLab etc. Canon doesn't list those products as supported by the printer; I don't know how much work would be involved for Canon to support them. 

This came up a few years ago and I helped someone by sharing a folder where I placed the profiles since that person wasn't that proficient maneuvering around macOS. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements