cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Canon no longer making a complete set of inks for the i9900 printer?

WesternGuy
Enthusiast

I tried to order the "eight-pack" of inks for my i9900 printer yesterday from B&H and it was list as discontinued.  I did find the item on the Adorama web site and was able to succesfully order it.  This makes me wonder if Canon is no longer supporting the i9900 printer?

If they are not supporting this, then what wouuld be a good replacement?

Thanks.

WesternGuy

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Looks like Staple's also sells the 6 pack. Pixma PRO-100 is an excellent printer as an upgrade from i9900.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

B&H also sell the 6-pack.  This is of little use when the printer takes 8 inks.  B&H used to sell  an 8-pack which had the full complement of inks for the i9900, but when I went to order one from them, the order page indicated that it had been discontinued and only the 6-pack was available.  That is why I asked if Canon had discontinued support for the i9900.

Fortunately, Adorama was still selling the 8-pack, so I was able to order one.

Thanks for the suggestion - I will look into the Pixma Pro-100.

WesternGuy

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I'm not sure about the i9900, but I know for my Pro-100 the ink use is such that buying the complete 8-pack wound up getting too much of two cartridges (black and I think yellow). Now I just buy individuals as I need them. Staples has 15% sales periodically along with credit for recycled cartridges.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Interesting.  I do know that for the i9900, I went through all 8 inks, some faster than others, but I have never had any inks from the 8-pack that didn't get used up.

WesternGuy

Announcements