cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink cartridge stuck in Cannon Pro-1000

nmiklosic
Apprentice

I am unable to eject the PM ink cartrige from my Cannon Pro-1000 printer to change out the ink. The pop to release seems jammed and I see a way to fix it. Can anyone help? 

55 REPLIES 55

The saga is over. My Canon Pro-1000, with its stuck cartridge, has been written off, as it is not economical to repair it. A very expensive outcome. Canon has offered me 1 year of additional warranty on the new one, so fingers crossed..but the bottom line is that this is not a great advert for this product.

This is a repIy from Jobtime post

I have the same PBK ink stuck. The spring release is no longer attached. Not clear on you outcome with Canon. You bought a new printer? you went ahead with the repair? or Canon provided you with a new printer?

Hattman
Contributor
For me not all are stuck, I would say about 3 or 4, but more they went off individually so try to eject each cartridge by themselves

My first Pro-1000 was replaced because it leaked ink. This one has led a pampered life. Very light use. Borderless printing is a confusing hassle. Gulps ink to clean the heads. Now an error 7400. Waited over an hour to speak to someone in service. He told me that there are no longer ANY authorized repair centers for this printer. He advised putting in the trash and getting a new one. Canon has an upgrade program for this abandoned technology and will give me a discount. Another half hour wait to speak to someone in sales. Then I find out the only option is a 10% discount on a new one. There is no recycling program, even though Canon claims there is. Run as far from this product as you can.

Desophoto
Apprentice

My printer is barely utilized.  I think I have less then 300 copies printed. This is my 2nd PBK cartridge replacement. PBK Spring release cartridge is not working and cartridge seems to be stuck.  It seems that the spring release is disengaged or no longer attached. No action on the cartridge when press it in for cartridge release change oppose to the other cartridges.  It just sits flat.

Is this a Canon documented problem, and what are the options.

Jobetim
Contributor

My sympathies, but I'm afraid if a cartridge gets stuck, as mine was, and the printer is out of warranty, then your £1000 printer has just become a very heavy pile of junk, and, if you want to print again, it's off to your local Canon dealer to buy a new one - or at least that's the approach adopted by Canon UK, who basically washed their hands of the whole problem when this happened to me. The ink bays at the bottom of the printer are only accessible by an engineer approaching from the top down, and guess what? It's takes so long to do this that they'd charge more for the service than the cost of a replacement.

In short, this is a manufacturing failure, and Canon will do nothing to help you if your warranty has expired.

The Canon Pro-1000 is a great printer, but I wouldn't recommend anyone to buy one whilst this problem remains.

I also operate a Canon Pro-1000 and the Cartridge retaining springs do fail and Canon know this well. The good news is that the cartridges will still engage without the retaining clip and the printer will still perform, or at least it does in my case. There is absolutely no reason to junk the printer. I initially placed a bit of gaff across the cartridge but this isn't even necessary. It is frustrating and when I upgrade/expand my offering to clients I will ensure I have extended warranties in place. 

I hope similar issues don't present with the Pro-2000 and Pro-4000 although they use different ink delivery. 

Now to find out why my Top Feed has stopped functioning...

My problem was not how to keep a cartridge in, but how to get an empty stuck one out!

Pull.

As per my earlier post: when a Canon engineer visited, he did eventually manage to pull the stuck cartridge out, after a lot of aggressive manipulation, but then it wouldn't click back in again. And anyway, it really shouldn't be necessary to have to do this in a high-end professional printer.

it's a design fault, and it's high time Canon recognised this, compensate those who have spent so much money on this faulty printer, and redesigned the printer cartridges / printer bays so the fault doesn't recur. 

I wish Canon would do this - it's a great printer.

Announcements