cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink Smudge in corners with Pro 200

Studio52
Apprentice

I have a Pro 200 that's started leaving ink streaks in the corners as the end of a 19x13 print is finishing.  It's as if the paper and the print head are banging into each other because lately I've heard a clicking noise as the last couple inches print. We've tried all sorts of remedies from cleaning the head to new ink tanks to different levels of paper in the bin etc. But, it's getting worse.  Has anyone seen anything like this and, better yet, have a solution?  Thanks in advance!

IMG_2161.jpgIMG_2162.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are you using Canon paper? Is the paper perhaps curled?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

maresasinclair
Apprentice

I am having the same problem.  Just bought my printer in July 2022.  Please let me know if you find a solution.  It is most frustrating.

jbolanos
Apprentice

I just bought mine and initially it was printing perfectly and then I started to hear the noise at the end of the printing phase and also these little extra black ink "trails" in the last corners of the paper...

I saw this printing on 8.5" x 11", when I tried on 4"x6" I didn't see the issue...I tried cleaning the roll in Maintenance options and that helped...my guess is somehow has to deal with a little misalignment when the paper enters the printer, even minimum...

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Take a look at the Advanced Paper Settings in the print driver.  Avoid Paper Abrasion.  Print Head Height

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you very much... that "Avoid Paper Abrasion" made the "magic" :).

Rick do you know if printing borderless and keeping that setting will somehow affect the quality?

Announcements