cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infuriating Setup Instructions: imagePROGRAF Pro-1000

AaronD
Enthusiast

I have never seen worse, more obtuse and impenatrable instructions.  Ever.   I can't believe I'm the only one.

I was going to spell out my struggles but I don't know where to begin.

I write this in hopes Canon will hear.  

Apologies for the interruption.  I just don't know what to do.

Just because I don't pose with a camera to my eye doesn't mean I'm not a dork.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That is the Apple AirPrint driver, not the Canon IJ Series driver.

Go back to the beginning and select Printers & Scanners and then Add Printer, Scanner or Fax.

Select that and then wait till you see Canon IJ Printer Network or USB, depending on how your printer is connected.

This is a common problem because the Apple driver almost always appears first and folks select that.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

That's it!!!  Thank you so much jrhoffman75!

And it needs to be said:  Canon's documentation and 'help' really suck.  We users shouldn't have to rely on kind-hearted community members for help.  They could charge a dollar more for everything they sell and hire a staff to clarify all this.  

OK, rant over.  Thanks again,

AaronD
Enthusiast

I found the download button on Canon's site.  I can't find the installed driver on my computer.

And yes I've downloaded the instal app several times and run it successfully......

The end goal is to disable the auto-off function so the printer stays ON all the time.  If I'm barking up the wrong tree, I would like to hear it and be pointed the right direction.

Announcements