cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image changing colors before printing

Janlk
Contributor

color comparision.jpg

I am an artist and use PS to crop/sign my art and then save it to a folder on my computer as a jpeg in sRGB.  I have files that I have used for years and when I went to print them on my Canon Pro-100 today, the file changed color as the printer was preparring and turned into this dull image.  It flickered back and forth and then settled on dull.  This has happened on several of my files and new ones that I processed today.  I can print from PS and LR but cannot print from my files.  I am at a loss of what is going on and thank you for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you Darius.  I followed your instructions, but the end result was the same.  A friend suggested that it could be in the update of the Windows 10, that it is not using the correct settings when saved from PS.  

I am using the correct media type, always Canon photo paper-different varieties, but set correctly.  

I am believing this is a Windows problem and not a Canon issue or PS issue, and to print directly from LR or PS as John and re-eos suggested.

I thank everyone for their advice and I guess I will go about printing a different way and sounds like a much better way! Jan

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Thank you Darius.  I followed your instructions, but the end result was the same.  A friend suggested that it could be in the update of the Windows 10, that it is not using the correct settings when saved from PS.  

I am using the correct media type, always Canon photo paper-different varieties, but set correctly.  

I am believing this is a Windows problem and not a Canon issue or PS issue, and to print directly from LR or PS as John and re-eos suggested.

I thank everyone for their advice and I guess I will go about printing a different way and sounds like a much better way! Jan

Announcements